Staying Safe this Halloween
With Halloween right around the corner, its best to follow some helpful safety tips in order to ensure a safe and fun Halloween in San Diego.
-Wear bright colors. Reflective tape is helpful for both shoes and clothing.
-Plan where you will be trick or treating and plan who you are going with.
-Use crosswalks and be very cautious of your surroundings.
-Accompany the kids all the way to the doors and only visit the homes that are well-lit.
-Always inspect each piece of candy. Never eat anything that appears tampered with or does not have factory packaging.
Donate any extra candy you have! Operation gratitude is an amazing organization who sends donated candy to the troops and soldiers stationed at various locations. Please visit www.operationgratitude.com for details and instructions.
All of the above mentioned tips will help families keep a safe and fun Halloween! Please visit us at SERVPRO of Scripps Ranch/Mira Mesa/Rancho Penasquitos for free candy during Halloween week!
Biggest Home Sale in a Decade - Del Mar Mansion $21.5 Million
The highest selling home in San Diego County history was also in Del Mar, a 10,700-square-foot home on Ocean Front Avenue that sold for $48.2 million in 2007, said the Greater San Diego Association of Realtors.
The Del Mar sale last week marks the first time a home sold for more than $20 million since December 2007.
Positioned on 1.1 acres overlooking the ocean, the property has a saltwater pool and spa, a detached guest house, private driveway and guest parking, fire pit, barbecue area and panoramic views.
Amenities inside the home include a movie theater, elevator, office, walnut floors and cabinetry, walk-in master closet with a jewelry safe, as well as radiant floor heating in the kitchen, dining room and outdoor patio.
The home has six bedrooms and 7 ½ baths.
It was first listed for sale in September for $24.9 million and spent 151 days on the market.
Many real estate agents that sell high-end properties in the county said in December they were hopeful luxury housing will see a boost in 2018 following major tax code changes approved by Congress.
* * *
Biggest home sales in San Diego County history.
1. 2808 Ocean Front Ave, Del Mar — $48. 2 million (2007)
2. 929 HWY 101, Del Mar — $25 million (2000)
3. 9776 La Jolla Farms, La Jolla — $23.5 million (2005)
4. 6576 Las Colinas, Rancho Santa Fe — $22 million (2000)
5. 100 Stratford Ct, Del Mar — $21.5 million (2018)
6. 5913 El Camino del Norte, Rancho Santa Fe — $21.5 million (2007)
7. 1936 Ocean Front, Del Mar — $18.8 million (2013)
8. 9736 La Jolla Farms Road, La Jolla — $18.5 million (2013)
9. 1900 Spindrift, La Jolla — $18.2 million (2009)
10. 1802 Ocean Front, Del Mar — $18 million (2016)
Source: Greater San Diego Association of Realtors
Water Safety at Home
WATER SAFETY AT HOME
We know water is everywhere. So to make it easy, we divided it into three categories: Water in the home, swimming safety and boating safety.
Here you'll find everything you need to know about water in the home. Whether you're bathing your baby in the sink or splashing around with your toddler in the bathtub, water is great fun for kids. But it's also a place where safety must come first, so here are a few tips for kids who love to get wet.
The Hard Facts
Among preventable injuries, drowning is the leading cause of death for children 1 – 4 years old. Children less than a year old are more likely to drown at home in the bathroom or a bucket.
- Watch kids when they are in or around water, without being distracted. Keep young children within arm’s reach of an adult.
- Empty all tubs, buckets, containers and kiddie pools immediately after use. Store them upside down so they don’t collect water.
- Close toilet lids and use toilet seat locks to prevent drowning. Keep doors to bathrooms and laundry rooms closed.
- Install fences around home pools. A pool fence should surround all sides of the pool and be at least four feet tall with self-closing and self-latching gates.
- Know what to do in an emergency. Learning CPR and basic water rescue skills may help you save a life.
Farmers Insurance Open
Farmers Insurance Open 2018
SERVPRO has extended its sponsorship with the PGA Tour through the 2020 season, retaining its designation as the official cleanup and restoration company of both the PGA Tour and the Champions.
SERVPRO La Jolla and SERVPRO Scripps Ranch, Mira Mesa, Rancho Penasquitos was in attendance, among many other SERVPRO franchisees from the SERVPRO family.
SERVPRO La Jolla, SERVPRO Scripps Ranch, Mira Mesa, Rancho Penasquitos is very proud to be a part of the SERVPRO family, especially during amazing events like these. This sponsorship allows us to showcase our capabilities not only to the communities where PGA events are held, but also to the huge television and online audience that follows the exciting tour. Both individual property owners and commercial facility owners will have the opportunity to learn about SERVPRO and the services offered as they enjoy watching the world’s best players compete on the world’s most beautiful golf courses, in our very own home town, La Jolla.
Sue Steen, SERVPRO Industries, Inc., Chief Executive Officer, reveals that SERVPRO will have a presence at several PGA Tour tournaments in 2018, including The Players Championship and The TOUR Championship. “In addition, we plan to be involved with First Responder events throughout the PGA Tour year,” said Steen.