Emergency Preparedness: Will You be Ready if Disaster Strikes?
Get daily hurricane updates from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
What happens if disaster strikes and effects you or your family? First call a reputable damage restoration company like SERVPRO of Scripps Ranch Mira Mesa Rancho Penasquitos. Our technicians are trained to take care of water damage and mold mitigation due to flash flooding and heavy rains. We are available to help anywhere in San Diego County - especially Scripps Ranch, Mira Mesa and Rancho Penasquitos. We are ready to take on water damage jobs both large and small. In addition, their customers give SERVPRO Scripps Ranch/Mira Mesa/Rancho Penasquitos excellent reviews for their quick, efficient, and high-quality water restoration work and mold mitigation work. Call today for a quick, no-cost estimate at 858.270.5234
September is National Preparedness Month
National Preparedness Month, held annually in September and sponsored by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, reminds us that we need to be ready to respond to natural and man-made disasters – no matter where we live. Disaster can strike at any time, so it's important to have a planned response when you're at work, on vacation or on the road.
The National Safety Council offers some safety tips specific to each of the following emergencies:
When you face a natural or man-made emergency, try to stay informed through radio, TV or the Internet. In some cases, however, cable, electric and cell phone service will be disabled, making communication nearly impossible. The National Safety Council recommends the following general precautions that apply to many disaster situations:
- Make sure to have a family communication plan in place; all members of the family should review and practice the plan
- Have all family members' and other important phone numbers written down or memorized
- Have an emergency kit in your car and at least three days of food and water at home
- Be sure to store all important documents – birth certificates, insurance policies, etc. – in a fire-proof safe or safety deposit box
- Assign one family member the responsibility of learning first aid and CPR
- Know how to shut off utilities.