Practice Safe Cooking
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires. The vast majority of time, they happen when you least expect it. At SERVPRO of Scripps Ranch / Mira Mesa / Rancho Peñasquitos we do fire clean up, so we want to give you the following tips for when you prepare a meal or are baking some delicious chocolate chip cookies.
- Never leave your stove unattended while cooking.
- Keep your cooking area free of combustible materials.
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby.
- Keep cooking equipment clean.
- Never throw hot grease in the garbage or the drain. Let the grease cool before discarding it.
- Create a kid-free zone. Create a space of at least three feet around your stove and other areas where hot food is prepared.
- Avoid using kitchen appliances if you're sleepy or have consumed alcohol.
Follow these tips to prevent accidents. In case your Scripps Ranch / Mira Mesa / Rancho Peñasquitos home or commercial business needs fire damage services, SERVPRO® of Scripps Ranch / Mira Mesa / Rancho Peñasquitos is Here to Help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.